Monday, August 30, 2010

Are you ready for this?

There is this part in ‘The Back-Up Plan’ where Zoe is trying to figure out how to tell Stan that she is pregnant.
She is talking to herself in the mirror and trying to find a comfortable way to say it.
"I'm pregnant."
"I'm going to have a baby!"
"I'm with child." (that one cracks me up every time.)
It’s fitting that I just recently watched that movie since here I am trying to figure out how to tell you some very important news.

Okay.
I’m not going to beat around the bush, I promise.
Here it is.
I quit Tim Hortons.
I am no longer an employee at the coffee shop.
I am unemployed..for now.

It’s quite a shock not being a Timmies slave anymore.
Heck, I’ve been there one and a half months shy of four years!
You get used to and accustomed to things in four years.

It’s the night before my last shift I started freaking out just thinking all this through in my head and I knew I wasn’t going to sleep but 30 seconds into my freak out session a friend texted me and told me to have a good day on my last shift. And I don’t know if that is going to stop my freak mood. But, it helped me to realize that it’s gonna be okay. Even if I do have a two month holiday. Although I really hope I don’t.

Ahem. This blog will be all over the place cause it was written on different days.
So. I have quit Tim Hortons. My last day was Saturday.
I tried to keep it a secret..I don’t really know why..for dramatic effect? I’m not too sure.

Saturday was so much fun..and then so much sad.
The entire day on the whole was amazing...but then. At 1:30 my friend Danika who I work with came in with flowers..and we hugged and cried..and hugged some more..and just had a sob fest there for a while.
But then the worst was over and I was okay for the rest of it.

I am sad to be leaving, but also very happy. My time to be there is over and I am not looking back.
I have so many memories. And it’s going to be very hard these first couple of months cause it has been a huge part of my life. And I have so many friends that work there.

1 ½ months away from being 4 years. CRAZY! Who ever thought I was going to be there for so long. I would never have imagined. And as I told a group of my regulars, it’s a good thing I got out now or else I might be stuck there for the rest of my life.

But yeah. I as of now do not have a job. But I’m okay with that. I applied at a couple places but for the next week..maybe weeks, I’m going to relax and have some vacation.


2 comments:

  1. good for you!
    um, also I have an idea of what you can do now that you're jobless, you'll just have to wait til the end of September.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive