Saturday, March 8, 2008

Meat Department

I feel bad sometimes when I keep nagging other people to blog and yet I ignore my own, but it is so easy to just not do it.

For this post I am going to relate as it truly happened, not emphasizing on the bad things.
Today I woke up at 7:44. Not purposely. Without an alarm clock. For me this is a big thing. Usually I am so tired in the morning that I am basically sleeping at 9:30 when my mom is reading to us. I had gotten most of my school done last night so I had a shower did the remaining school and was done by 9:00.

We went to the Southshore foodbank. It was good but not as fun as the northshore one.
Then I left early with my mom so I could pick up my check from work. Here's the thing though, before we left I decided I wouldn't bring a purse so I just carried my cellphone and stuck a $2o in my sock just in case(you don't have to remind me that I am wierd, I remind myself.). So after we picked up my check I realized I couldn't bring it to the bank cause I didn't have my card. That was sort of a disapointment. I like it when I can just get it over with.

We went to Behn's house then and switched vehicles with him..the young adults were going down to Abbotsford and they wanted to save money by taking one van instead of two cars.
Oh and coopers too. Funny story. While my mom was shopping at coopers I wasjust wandering the aisles when I saw they had a contest over in meat section to win a blazers jersey with all the autographs on it. I am not one for hockey memorobilia but hey if it's free I'll take it.

So I was walking around the island thing of meats in the middle(I am doing a horrible job of explaining this.) and I almost crashed into a worker lady. I stepped back and kind of stared at her for a while then I was like 'I thought you were a cardboard cutout.'

You know it should have been embarassing but I wasn't. And then I just kept walking and went to fill out the form.


We went home. And I wanted to bike ride to the store to rent a movie for the evening since I wasn't doing anything. So I bribed Sean into doing it by promising him candy. It was fairly easy on the way there. But on the way back since my legs were so tired it was killer. We stopped many atime.
One bike ride to the store and back=Approx. 45 minutes

Finally we reached our destination and I passed out on the chair.
Next thing I know my mom was waking me up. Someone was on the phone. I must have been severely drained because usually I wake up to the phone ringing. It was Ken. I agreed to work 4-9. I hope that when they are cutting back on staff they will remember that I said yes every time they asked me to work even though more than half the time I had plans already(I am talking about the cutting back part figurativly of course..is that the word I want to be using?)

It was one of the more..challenging days of work. Not for angry customers or anything but..trying to make it through a shift without crying challenging. Chores were easy. Kim doesn't seem to understand that even though the stocking chart and stocking fridges are really hard jobs. Hannah can complete both in less than halfher shift and she needs more. But it's sort of nice because then I do chores that aren't mine and she thanks me profusely.

Erin always sings her happy song when she knows she's working with me because apparently when I work things actually get done. Which is not true. I like to slack off. And most of the other people work just as hard as I do.

One thing that made me mad was that I was filling in for Corey who had 'gotten sick' but as soon as I start my shift Taran and Amanda tell me that he is over in A&W hanging with a friend. I almost told Ken because he would be really mad and would be funny...in a scary way but I was good and decided I didn't want Corey to hate me for forever.

And I injured myself. Let's just say there is a big chunk of finger that is not on me anymore. Okay that is a little drastic. It's not that big....littlebig. And it hurts and it was 'gushing' blood when it first happened.



After Cade picked me up we went to Behn's which I wasn't in the mood for but I didn't really have a choice. Watched a movie, came home watched another movie and now I am caught up to date
\/

/\

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I almost apologize to a manakin in clothing stores because I bump into them and think that they are real people.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive