Saturday, February 16, 2008

(revolution)

It drives me nuts when I think about how easy it is for us to get stuck in a rut.
"Oh, I am comfortable where I am. I don't want to challenge myself by going out and doing something better."
The rut of Sin, of broken relationships, of not going out and doing what God wants you to.
So many times I have felt I should do something and yet I don't because that would be out of my comfort zone. In your mind you are thinking that your friends would think less of you when really it's probably the opposite and Satan is just blocking you so you can't see that.

Did I tell you about that time in Mexico? They had a Kareoke night and I watched and waited knowing that I wanted to go up there but I didn't have the nerve to.
Well the show ended and I still hadn't gone up. The rest of the night I felt terrible.
I literally couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about how I should have gone up.
Well luck was on my side and there was another Kareoke night. This time I did go up. I sang. It was horrible not even joking ask Matthew or Cade. But even though I had sucked after I came off and I was happy. It wasn't the end of the world and I even felt better because I had gone the extra that I wouldn't normally do.

It feels so good when we go that extra step. We shouldn't be caring about other people only God.
God is the one who we should be pleasing.

So, this is my 'sermon' of the night. I do believe it is the first time I have ever done anything like this. Look, already God is changing me :P. I just hope that you can learn something from this.



So.
I just want to end with this verse. It might not really be about what I was saying but it has just been speaking to me.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking.

2 comments:

  1. lol. Nice sermon and verse Hannah =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I have gotten that feeling so many times the whole dang I should of done it but didn't... Then you feel terrible cause you wanted to do it but chickened out... Well lucky you that you got another chance =) I normally end up freaking out about it for quite some time after because I didn't and then I never get another chance.... But ya lol I should get back to Japanese =P
    Talk to ya later
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive