Thursday, September 30, 2010

You have a nice 'bumpah'. Jamaica #2.

Day 3:
Since it was our first full day there we spent it figuring out what we wanted to do and lying on the beach.

And I got a sweet burn. I had carefully planned how I was going to go about getting an epic tan and that fit in perfectly.
Now, a funny story with the next part of the day.
My mother has a watch. Which she wanted to keep on Kamloops time so that every time she checked what time it was she could figure out what the little boys would be doing at home. And she thought she would just keep track of what time it was by figuring out the time difference whenever she checked her watch.
So. Hehe. We made reservations at the asian restaurant.
For 6:30. We got ready a little bit early and slowly made our way down..and got the the place. But the strange thing was nothing looked ready, and yet all the waiters didn't seem to be in any rush. They were just sitting around chatting away. And giving us very strange looks. We waited for a while..and a little more until finally one of the guys came over and asked us if we needed anything. We explained that we had reservations for 6:30 and after a little confusion they explained to us that it was 4:30 and they didn't even open until 6.
Ooops. We must have looked like total airheads. They laughed at us.
And we had to go find something to do for two hours while dressed up to go to dinner.
But when we ACTUALLY went back it was really good.

I had :
Vietnamese Pork Dumplings- Spicy Pork Dumplings in a ginger sesame sauce.
Tom Yam Koong- Thai hot and sour prawn soup ( My mother was very surprised that I ordered this. I am not usually one for seafoody type things).
And for main course I had Cashew Chicken-Chicken, Cashew nut, Sweet Peppers, Onions and baby corn. *picture below*
All in all I would have to say that might have been my top pick of the three restaurants although at the time I had chose the Asian to be first since I don't really like that type of food so I wanted to get it over with.




And since they had no dessert there we just walked over to the buffet and some there. Mmmm. The cheesecake was to die for. And so every night after that we made sure we checked back to see if they had it.
Their coffee? So either since they are not coffee drinkers they don't know how to prepare it right or the jamaican coffee actually tastes like that but it was not good at all. But as I am a true addict :) I drank it anyway.

Day 4:


So the brochure told us it was going to be a soothing, relaxing climb.
If you ask my mother she will tell you it was anything BUT soothing. We didn't know what we had gotten ourselves into. But by the time we figured it out it was really too late for mom to go back :).

"Climb the falls in a human chain led by experienced Falls Guides. Pause at the 'massage parlour' and experience the soothing effects of the water as it cascades to the sea. For the less brave - live vicariously. View the activities of the more intrepid from the "safe" vantage point of the terrace or deck."

So the idea of it was pretty simple. Holding hands with a group of about ten you scale the side of a waterfall.
I didn't like the part of holding hands. Not only because its with complete strangers and thats just weird but also because if I had done it by myself with only me to worry about I might have actually been relaxed and soothed by everything. But trying to find footholds on slippery rocks while the water it pounding away and you and there are people on either side holding your hand thus preventing you from putting out your hands to secure yourself..not the greatest.

But it was something new that I've never tried so that made it fun.
And having video'd proof that my mother partook in such a crazy adventure made it even better.

We had lunch at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel in Ochos Rios. It's one of the sister resorts to Sunset Beach but boy, was it different.
And that must be when I started appreciating our little run down resort.
It was so big and impersonal and there was so many people it was crazy.

And the desserts were not great at all so that was obviously one of the factors in my decision against it.

But they had these cool watermelon sculptures everywhere.
These things are so sweet. Haha. A pun.
Anyways..



The rest of the day we must have just hung out and had supper at the buffet since I don't remember anything extraordinary happening.
Usually what we do is since we were so tired from doing things all day we would have supper, listen to some of the live music after and then settle down for bed by watching movies and reading.

And that's it for today, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive