Wednesday, September 29, 2010

You look trash. Jamaica #1.

So, maybe I understood him all wrong, which wouldn't be hard with his deep accent but I'm pretty sure it went like this.
If you say," You look trash". It means you are looking good.
If you say," You look like trash". It means what it says, you don't look good at all.

Unfortunately I didn't have anybody tell me I looked trash. Oh well, maybe next time in Jamaica.

Day One:
We drove down to Kelowna giving ourselves plenty of time to get there and get settled without having to race the clock at all. Well, it turned out we didn't need to worry about being rushed since our plane got delayed a couple times and we actually had around two extra hours. Great. It really helps when you are in such a HUGE airport like the Kelowna International Airport, there is SO much to do! :D.

We sat. And sat. And had some Tim Hortons.


(Clown gingerbread cookies at TH. Who knew?)
I wish this trip could have been the Tim Hortons tour to see what different kind of things they have at each one. But, Apparently Tim Hortons is a Canada thing which I forget everytime. Maybe it's up to me to start my own in Montego Bay. Problem is Jamaicans don't like coffee. They are tea drinkers. Even though they have coffee plantations all over the place only about 5% of the beans are used in Jamaica.

We went through security and waited on the other side for a while.
I love the patience game.

One long flight and we were in Toronto. Now that airport was big. Too bad that my mother didn't not have a rolly suitcase. No, she had her old suitcase from the seventies which has to be lugged everywhere. Which got tiring after the first two minutes. Which did not make walking all the way to our hotel very fun. She even made me carry it for a while which I do not think is very fair since I had brought one with wheels for this specific purpose.

(Paper type things getting swirled around by a water current. My mother made me take a picture.)

We walk all the way to the hotel and we find that there is only one restaurant there and it's pretty expensive, but we didn't really have a choice so we just ordered salads and shared a dessert. The salads were actually huge, I don't think I even finished mine but that could have been since I added chicken ANYWAY I'm sure you didn't want to know EVERY detail of the trip :).

Day two:
The next morning we woke up, had showers, decided to skip the expensive breakfast and wait until we could find a timmies seeing as the oatmeal was like $10!
Tried to figure out how to self serve check in, (Things have changed alot since I last went on a trip) failed miserably, had to get attendant to come help.
Went through, found our timmies.
*side note*
Every time we went to TH on the trip I ordered a bagel.
Everything bagel toasted with butter and cheddar cheese.
EVERY time they gave me processed cheese. Even when I double checked to make sure they realized I wanted the real stuff not fake. It was so gross. I had to take it off every time. Not very fun.

Bought an awesome hat. Cause obviously I couldn't even wait to get out of the country before I started blowing my money.


And waited for while.
Plane trip. This is when I watched Fringe for the very first time people. I started Season two cause that was all they had, and it was a little confusing coming in without knowing all the back stories but it was still epic.
We get there and it's hot. Obvs. But not as hot as I thought it would be.
I was sort of comparing it to when we got off in Haiti. Which totally doesn't count since in Haiti we walked out of the plane onto the landing strip thing. Whereas here we walked into the air conditioned airport.

CUSTOMS!
Wow, that was a fun line.
It took forever. A bunch of planes had all arrived at the same time so it was a sudden influx of people. It was kind of fun people watching and racing people from other lines to the finish. (in my mind, of course. I would never actually engage in embarrassing behavior like that.)

Found our driver on the other side, waited in the bus for a while.
Driver told us all sorts of things. But seeing as it's hard enough for me to recall the day to day happenings of my trip I think it would be near impossible to remember everything that everyone said.
We were one of the last to get dropped off at our resort so we saw some of the other places first. Which made getting at Sunset beach a little hard.
Let's just say, Sunset beach was..aged. No longer in its prime. Which, at first depressed me a little bit. Haha, if you had seen me in the first hour or two it would just be an eyebrow raised with an unimpressed look on my face.
But as it turned out I ended up liking it alot better like that.
It was is one of the few family resorts which gives it a more relaxed feel, and really, do I need everything to look brand new? (Rhetorical question..please don't answer :).

(view from our room over looking one half of the resort. Btw, during the seven days I was there I did not see those tennis courts being used even once!)

Since we were pretty hungry when we first got there we went to the buffet to grab something to eat.
Note: When we first got there we were some pretty big newbs. It took us a couple days to get the hang of things.
We had the 5:00 tour with Kenijah.
And we just explored and hung out for the rest of the day.

End of day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive