Friday, October 3, 2014

Just breathe.





Day 3.
It's amazing how time can fly when you are running errands.
One moment, I was leaving the house, and it was 8:30 am. Next thing you know, it's 1:30pm and I wasn't even back yet.
But the feeling of getting some procrastinated things done made it all worth it.
At one point today, in the middle of my car-store-car-drive-store-car-drive etc workout, I was suddenly struck by how cool and fresh the air was. And how walking outside can be an instant pick up sometimes. I always appreciate being outside in the spring and fall more than the other seasons.

Today I was looking around for pictures to take, and I kept thinking of close up "macro" shots that might look good. Macro is my thing.
The thing that's great about it is, it focuses on the details, rather than the whole picture.

I have been ready for change for a little while now.
It occurred to me a couple months ago that I had been living in Kelowna for almost a year already, and I still didn't have many connections except for those through my job, and my boyfriend.
Going from living in a town that you have known all your life, to completely immersing yourself in a new place can be very difficult. I am to the point where I want to be able to know people and have plans and be a part of something. So I took a step out of my comfortable little shell, and I contacted someone from my Church about volunteering.

Now, we have been going to this church for 1 whole year. Do we know anybody? Well, we know the associate pastor that was very friendly and tried to set us up in a small group, but we turned that down, so our connections kind of fizzled out there.
And this is not something I'm used to.
I'm used to being the girl that knows everybody, even the people that don't know me. It is WEIRD being on the other side.

Anyway, getting back to the macro of it all.
The man I talked to about volunteering(coincedentally, it turned out to be the pastor we had shut down before), asked me what were my strong suits, and where my skills would be most applicable.
I said details.
I sure do not want to be the one speaking in front of a crowd, but I'll be the one behind the stage organizing the event. So we'll see what happens. I'll be glad to just have something to do.


P.s. Did you notice my watermark?
For those of you who are new to the photo community, the watermark is the little name I have in the bottom right hand of my pictures. It's something that photographers put on their pictures to keep peoplle from stealing the pictures without giving credit where it is due.
Just another thing that I had been procrastinating doing for a while. I couldn't figure out how to make one by myself, but this handy little tutorial on Pic Monkey really helped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive