Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meat and Potatoes.

When it comes down to I am like the stereotypical man in some aspects.
The biggest one of which is: When there is nothing else to do, eat. Well, not even when there is nothing else to do. Eating is just pretty much always on the top of my priority list.
Number two aspect: What I enjoy best is Meat and Potatoes. Doesn't really matter how the potatoes are cooked and what kind of meat it is as long as it is Meat and Potatoes.

So what do I do when my plans for the next two days are screwed and I have nothing to do. Cook up some meat and potatoes.
But this actually excites me because I have not done cooking/baking in so long and usually I do the latter so I am looking forward to eating some of my main dish.

First tip to getting into my heart:Cook with Garlic.
Garlic is pretty much the love of my life. If it calls for a teaspoon I put in a tablespoon sort of thing. And don't even ask how many cloves I put in my spaghetti sauce.
I use it in pretty much everything, maybe not my baked items(or do I? :).
Side note on Garlic. We never used to buy fresh garlic because even though I liked using it those times were few and far between so whenever I went to use it it would be bad and I would have to get a new one so there was really no point but now I use it at least once a week.

So for my first selection I have a steak. I don't really know what kind it is. I just found it in the freezer in a bag with no label. I am marinating it for about an hour, in a mix of garlic, mustard, oil, salt,pepper, water, vinegar and various other things. I haven't really ever done a steak with a stove top before so this will be an adventure.

Next order of business is the potatoes. I always do them cut in chunks or like fries so this time I am doing Mashed. Probably with some sort of fresh Thyme mixed or some other herb(depends on what I have in the fridge.) Theres not much to say about that cause well, if I do to much with the potatoes they will overpower the steak which is a baddd idea. We want it to compliment the steak, although I will of course, add some garlic

For the healthy part I am thinking an assortment of vegetables sauteed in butter but, I doubt I have much in the way of veggies so I might have to replace that thought with a light salad with homemade dressing.

In the plans for dessert we have fresh out of the oven brownie with icecream and hot fudge.

I know it sounds wonderful, lets just hope it turns out wonderful.

*Gasp* I just sampled the mashed potatoes and they taste so good. They are really fatty but sooooo good.

Okay, so I have eaten my meal and here is my thoughts.

The Steak: It tasted..okay. It was good for being the first one I've made but it wasn't all that great in actuallity. And it was really rare.
The Potatoes: Great Of course!
The Salad: So, I made the backup plan, a mixed salad. But it was good just the same.

And now I have to go put my brownies in the oven.


Oh my goodness. Usually I cannot stand my own baking. And I almost never have any dessert with ice cream..it's kind of nasty in my mind but this was fantabulistic.
Amazing.

So after like 3 hours of work it turned out okay.


4 comments:

  1. ...let's go on a date...just you and I...together...a monkey and a duckling...

    cause you are just that amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy i want you to make me some awesome food some time =P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm it all looks good and i agree garlic is the way to everyone's heart. But i have to say.. steak needs to be on the BBQ to be brought to its full potential... and that my "friend" its mans domain ;-)

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive