Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A little bit experimental.

Being at home for hours on hours, days on days had given me some restless energy that for the most part I have been putting to good use and attempting to clean the house.
The first day I cleaned both of the fridges. Wow, was that ever a treat.
My stomach is very delicate right now, I can start gagging at just the thought of normal food. (truth. I saw a plate of cookies yesterday and felt sick to my stomach.)
So, of course this made my stomach go over the edge. At one point I had to stop because I was dry heaving so bad. I am definitely a strange girl.

Anyway, to use up some of the stuff that has been piling in the main fridge I made lasagne!
Lasagne is so delicious. I love it. I might even love it more than my first love Spaghetti.
But I had never made lasagne myself before so this was a big experiment. I used a basic recipe I found online at Kraft Canada.
But since I can never just have simple I 'spiced' it up to my liking.
I added cheddar and hickory smoked cheddar as well as the other cheeses and instead of ricotta cheese I put cottage cheese cause that's what I had.
In the cottage cheese, egg mixture I put some pesto so make it a little more interesting.

The recipe called for water so you don't have to cook the noodles before hand, but the amount they tell you is too much because it turned out very watery so I would probably put half in next time. And give it alot more cooking time.
But all in all it was wonderful, and the fact that I made it myself made it taste that much better.

1 comment:

  1. Lasagna is disgusting but I applaud you none the less. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive