Monday, December 20, 2010

A cooking adventure.

I have been spending so much time in the kitchen.
It amazes me, really.

I made a pork loin with rice the other day.
It didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. But it didn't taste bad.
And it was my first experience making rice(crazy, I know). And I ended making way to much.


But that is okay because when it got to be supper time today I had a craving for curried rice. So bad a craving I almost drove into town just to get some butter chicken from the Wok Box. But I went to the kitchen instead and told my mother of the craving. She had been planning on using the left over rice for dinner anyway so she left me to it and I made curried rice.
It wasn't totally what I had in mind. But I don't think I could have accomplished what I had pictured so this was good enough for me.


Today was sort of an up and down emotional-wise day.
But my mood was brightened when I started baking at 8 Pm. At the same time someone started talking to me on facebook. Someone I *never* would have expected to have a really good conversation with. But we did. And it was enjoyable.

I wasn't in the spirit of Christmas baking before. But I guess hanging out with my friends who were baking yesterday sort of got me in the mood, and I was looking through recipe books all afternoon.

I made Cranberry Bliss Bar.



And Gingersnaps.



And that is all I got for tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Making rice is half way to making sushi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were quite the busy bee, I see.
    Those gingersnaps look delicious...I have a particular weakness for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...takes me back to those 'home alone' days when i conjured up concocted delights!
    Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive