Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday September 20th 2009

8TH ANNUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!


So, today I was going through the paper.
*Gasp* There is a shock right there. First time I have looked at a paper in like 3 months at least. Well, okay I was reading Dear Abby like a week ago..but ANYWAY.

I see an ad for the Turtle River Race. And sad to say..even though I have lived in Kamloops all my life I have never known or participated in this (not that I could, but I'll get to that).

The basic information of it is..You buy tickets. 1 for $10 or 3 for $25 and then the number on your ticket has the same number as an environmentally safe plastic turtle. They drop all those turtles into the river and the first three to make it to the finish line the fastest wins. It's just the luck of the draw really but it's alot more fun that just picking a name out of a hat.

All the proceeds go to Boys and Girls Club of Kamloops.

The only thing that makes me sad is, I cannot get one since this is a raffle and you have to be 19 or over. That's kind of lame.
But I like the idea of it. And I think all you should go adopt a turtle. Except you can't actually keep them, which sucks.
I would name mine Alfonso.

Did I mention there was prizes!

Race # 1: Wii Cruise Anaheim

Grand prize:

  • 3 nights cruise & 3 nights Anaheim package for 2
  • Future Shop Wii Package
  • $1,000 Gift Card at Save-On-Foods

2nd Prize:

  • Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing New Years Eve Gala Event for 2
  • Ocean Pacific Water Sports Scuba Diving Lessons & rentals for 2

3rd Prize:

  • $500 worth of Ric's Grill Certificates


Race # 2: Wii Cruise Las Vegas

Grand prize:
  • 3 nights cruise & 3 nights Las Vegas package for 2
  • Future Shop Wii Package
  • $1,000 Gift Card at Save-On-Foods

2nd Prize:

  • The Hills Health Ranch 1 Night B&B Package for 2
  • Ocean Pacific Water Sports Scuba Diving Lessons & rentals for 2

3rd Prize:

  • $500 worth of Ric's Grill Certificates

    As you might have guessed, there is two races.
    First one is at 1pm and second one is at 2pm.
    The race takes about 25 minutes, Starting at the Kamloops Yacht Club(Yeah Who knew we had such a thing?)

    So yes, I hope this thing appreciates my free advertising..cause it's not like I do this kind of thing alot. I just like turtles.

    If you have questions..there is a website HERE. Like if you want to know where to adopt them from.
    Okay, Thanks Guys.

1 comment:

  1. There was an event like this in Courtenay this summer, called the Ducky 500...where floating rubber duckies raved down the puntledge river. I wanted to go so bad but I was working!
    If you want a turtle you can cough up the dough and I will buy you one. I'll get one too, and we can go cheer our turtles on!

    I hope we win something good, like a romantic getaway together...

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive