Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shhh, it's still a secret.

Since I don't think my mom would think to check my blog in the next 48 hours, I am going to tell you why I think that boys cannot anything themselves and always need a woman's supervision.
Hey, I'll even give you 6 examples.
DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to get recognition or be prideful or anything I just want you to know what really happened since I put so much work into this.
Lets start the story off with last year.
Two days ago last year I set off to Kelowna for the weekend, where I bought my mothers birthday present. But since I was so late getting home on the Sunday(her birthday) I did not give it to her until the next day, whereupon she thanked me, started crying and explained that nobody else in my family had remembered.
WOW, pretty harsh.I of course could not let this happen again.
Let me tell you, I was up many night planning and panicking.
So here is what I came up with
Dad: Bring home flowers after work and then the two of them go off to Milestones for dinner( which I reserved for while shopping at London drugs on my cellphone because we only have one phone which is in the kitchen where she is practically all the time)
Matthew: A Painting(I have not seen it yet but I'm sure she'll like anything he paints. Funny story on this one. I needed to get a canvas for him but my mom was going to go to Michaels without me so I asked her to get one. She automatically thought it was for school and the canvases only came in three pack so she suggested giving the other ones to Matthew so I had a brilliant cover for bringing them to his house.
Behn: His is a mystery. He was the only one I felt..moderately safe in leaving him to decide what he gets her. Of course just 5 days ago he was still asking me for suggestions.
Cade: This one was hard to get. A picture frame with a photo of the kids in it. So, I had to decide that we all had to be matching. And like none of my brothers have white shirts so I had to donate some of mine and steal some from dad's closet. It took forever to get them all dressed out the door and in position. Matthew of course had forgotten the memo about the jeans but it's not that noticeable. Once they were in position they kept making fun of the way Alex was taking the pictures and Noah is very camera shy so out of all the pictures there is no single one that has all of us looking at the camera and smiling. This is the best of the lot and the one I picked for my mom.


Myself: Well, by the time I had figured everything else out I had run out of ideas for myself. So mine is a little unusual. 2 boxes of the cake mix that my mom really likes, and a salt mill.
Sean: A box of Purdey's Chocolates which I bought a while ago and put in the freezer so I hope that they turn out fine.
Noah: A set of 4 mugs but they have different van gogh paintings on them so I think she'll like them.
If that were not enough I just arranged yesterday that Matthew and Behn will come over for a birthday dinner on Wednesday so I have to make a cake and spaghetti for that since you can hardly have the birthday girl make her own dinner.
So anyway, there you have. The big \ surprise that I mentioned in a previous post but I don't remember which.
Hopefully today will go well.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah you're so sweet! Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hannah. I want a daughter like you one day =) You have every right, I think, to be proud of what you have done. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for organization! You're mom's very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you have yet to learn that merely existing as a male child is more than gift enough for any loving mother's birthday.

    ....

    Hopefully that brought at least of gasp of horror or disbelief from some of you.

    Muhahaha.

    Seriously though, it seems when you want to get something done, you get it done, regardless of how many forgetful brothers you have to coerce.

    Thumbs up for Hannah!

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive