Sunday, November 6, 2011

Forgotten Appreciation Syndrome.

  Today as I was driving home sipping my melted iced capp from Tim Hortons it brought memories.
When I lived on the little Quadra Island I had to drive 5 minutes to a ferry, take a ten minute ferry, then walk 5-10 minutes to get to my nearest Timmies. Quite the hassle for a frozen beverage, especially when you factor in that it is now costing you five dollars more(the cost of a ferry ticket).

But I would make that trek. And if I knew somebody was coming back from Campbell River I would request that they bring me an iced capp because I would rather a warm melted one over nothing at all.

While I was living there, I had to go without many things and each of those things seemed so important at the time I kept telling myself that when I got back to living in 'civilization', I would be constantly thankful for being able to get or get to everything so easily.

But it rarely happens.

Or like when you have a cold and your nose is all stuffed up and you are just generally feeling quite horrible.  And you think that once that is gone you will appreciate every uninhibited breath you take in.
It doesn't happen.

My mind just went blank, so I don't really know where I was going with this. Maybe I didn't have a point in the beginning...so I'll just end here.
Next post up will be a general life post seeing as it's been a while since I told you what I'm up too.
I will unveil the exciting new job news and how my workout plan is progressing(or not progressing)

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive