Thursday, November 17, 2011

Embarrassing secret time?

The title was just to hook you :).
It's not actually embarrassing.

I have a thing for...black and white polka dots.
And this was confirmed to me when I walked into Value Village today, and spotted these beauties.



It didn't matter that,
1. My feet hate flats. Legitimately. They are either too loose and rub, or too tight. Never a happy medium. And already I was feeling a bit of rubbing, but I convinced myself that these shoes were different.
2. I have so many shoes! And some have not even trotted out of the house on my feet yet!
3. I really am not supposed to be spending money at the moment. And I have been doing a good job of that, until today.

The second I laid eyes on them, I knew they were coming home with me.

This will be added to my collection which includes: two bathing suits, and one finely accessorized Rae (my Canon Rebel. Should my love for naming inanimate objects be another blog post?).
My spread might seem small, but even I, the very fashion illiterate, know that not every polka dotted item is a find. And going through the racks of the second hand store today proved to me that it can be super cute, or super hideous.
It will take years and a cautious mind to round out the hoard.


P.S. Well, it's a good thing I procrastinate publishing my posts for hours, because it gave me time to find another dotty item that I possess.
It's a purse.
And please forgive me for buying something name branded. It is not usually my custom.
But it was on sale and I love the colours so it was a must.  On that side note: I have never been a fan for pink but I have fallen in love with salmon-ey pinks recently.

1 comment:

  1. I got a black and white polka dotted dress at Value Village for $14. I haven't worn it out yet, but its quite a delight.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive