Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sometimes you just need comfort.

This whole living away from everything that I love is getting to me.
I love where I am right now, and I'm having as much fun as possible, but still...I'm not a ten minute drive from my brothers house and I can't text my best friend to sneak into a friends hot tub with me.
So, in comes the comfort stuff.

Books:
When I was home on break I was going down memory lane by revisiting the boxes of my books that I packed away a couple years ago.
Wow, every new one that I grabbed out of the box was an old friend and there was a lot of screaming and dancing around remembering fond memories. Some of them were just too good and I had to bring them along with me for another reading.
And while reading them I was amazed by how a little ten year old girl had been able to read these books and comprehend them. But I was always ahead of my time.
I've done a lot of reading in the two weeks I've been home.
5 books to be exact.
But I think I will start slowing down now or pretty soon my stack of unread ones will be gone.


Pastry cookies:
A very familiar food around my house. And so easy to make.
Just make up some pastry like you would for a pie. cut it into cookie shapes and bake until slightly browned. For the icing, mix water, icing sugar and a couple drops of almond flavouring. BAM! a delish snack.
I have eaten way too many this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive