Friday, April 15, 2011

on the subject of readers.

Lately I have been pondering how many people actually read my blog. Of course there is no way to know for sure, and I'm not about to ask for a round of comments just to give myself a pat on the back at my extreme blogging talent(can blogging be a talent?).

I have noticed a few of my blogging 'buddies' have tried a different ploy in order to surface their closet readers, some people might have noticed the way they entice you with free books or other such goodies if you only comment on the post.
We all know what you are really up to... But I would not stoop to such a level in order to make myself feel better about myself. Well, that and the fact that just because it would be free for you does not mean it would be free for me. Price of book, add in postage and the effort to actually put it in the mail, what can I say, I'm a procrastinator, you would probably never even see the prize in real life (hey, now there is an idea :).

Another new clever feature blogger has set up for those of us paranoid writers...STATS.
The best thing to be invented since automatic car starters!
A page that shows you how many visitors you have had that day, week, month etc. And it can even pin point what website they came from.
Now that is the scary part.
I have actually had people I know find out I creep their blog because of this...so really it's not all genuious.
But alas there is another flaw, it doesn't seem to be all that accurate since I have been on quite early in the morning before and it tells me that 17 have already viewed my blog that day.
I'm not that popular, folks.

So, since I'm not the begging type I will not plead with you to leave a comment. In fact, please do not write a pity comment.
I will just delight in the fact that I have 25 followers.
Of course since I actually only 'follow' about 5 people and I do read a great quantity of blogs I can only assume that 25 really equals 75.
Now I feel good :).

4 comments:

  1. I am a happy follower of your blog and always look forward to updates! I don't think the Blogger stats are all that accurate. I put the flag thingy in my side bar and its stats seem much more accurate, although it only says how many people have viewed, if they were first time viewers, and what country/state province they come from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you know i am always lurking around... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry took me so long to get here...of course you already know that I read, though!
    And I'm sure there are many more out there....really, some are just too stubborn to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't regularly read your blog (I'm forgetful that way!), but I come here to get a little chuckle once in a while. This isn't a pity comment, either, honest! ;)

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive