Tuesday, February 15, 2011

If you're happy and you know it, smile.

Today was another day off.
Two whole days off in a row!

I didn't really do anything.
Just read my online book and slept.
And at the end of the day I was actually getting mad at myself for having been so lazy but then I remembered that this entire time I have been complaining about having days off but never actually resting, that made me feel a little better about the situation.

We started a bible study today.
This makes me so very happy.
But it also reminded me of how little time I have actually taken to study the bible.
Sad.

I am looking to purchase a copy of 'the message' though.
I understand it's not one of the greatest translations but I think it's the best for spelling something out plainly in a simple way I can understand it.
But then again sometimes it is even more confusing then my normal translation.

Some verses that stuck out to me tonight:
(they were all from Galatians.)
1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

6:1-3 Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are resting. You work hard when you're working, so rest when you can. You can read the Message (and any other version) at biblegateway.com I'll check around to see if I have it here, but I think it would only be the New Testament.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive