Monday, January 10, 2011

Honey, I'm home!

I'm here.
At Camp Homewood.
End of story.


Okay, fine. I'll tell you a little bit of a story.

We started our great road trip adventure on Friday morning.
The first part was pretty scary since we were still in snow country.
It was extremely slippery and apparantly just after we went through the bear cave it got shut down due to an avalanch? or something like that.

I'm never one for long trips in the car. I get bored straight away and usually sleep to pass time, but for some reason this time I was very attentive and not very sleep at all, which is strange since I had been 'burning the candle on both ends' lately in order to get everything done and everybody visited before I left.

It took us quite a while to actually get to the ferry and get across so by the time we got to Victoria it was late-ish and dark. So we ate dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory(so good.) and then went back to the hotel and just chilled.

Saturday we woke up pretty late. Well, most of the family did. Little known fact about my father: he likes exploring new towns? Haha. He woke up really early and went out around the town by himself. And he was so pumped about these little places he found. Where as everybody else slept in and ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant because it was convenient.

We went to the bug museum first. Wow, that was definitely the highlight of my weekend! Haha. Maybe a touch of sarcasm there.
It was sort of neat to learn some stuff about stick bugs and have a Millipede crawl on my hand.

We visited the undersea gardens, walked around, took in an imax movie about Tahitian surfing, ate some fish and chips at the Sticky Wicket and finally we were ready to go.

MORE DRIVING!
Again I couldn't sleep, but maybe that was a good thing because the scenery was AWESOME! And when I say that I mean it literally. Awe-some.
We stopped in Nanaimo to pick up some groceries.
That was hard. I didn't know what kind of food I was supposed to bring and canned soup just makes me gag. And I am a girl who need tons of meat in her diet. The thought of going vegetarian scares me real bad.

More driving.
By this time tensions were getting high and all I wanted was to get to camp, and get there as soon as possible. But of course we didn't arrive in enough time for the 6:15 ferry so we were going to have to wait for the 7:30 which in the end turned out to be good since we kind of got lost in Campbell River.

But then we were on the ferry, and we were going across, and we got across, and we drove to the camp with only a little bit of confusion.

And we made it!

So I'm here, guys.

It's been okay so far. At first it was really awkward(of course). But now it is only a little bit. I've learned some of what I have to do, and I've gotten to know the girls I'm staying with so everything is A-OK.
It's actually pretty cool. The girls have a little apartment with a kitchen, living room, bathroom and two bedrooms. So it's like I moved out and am living on my own.
I'm sharing a room. And it's pretty much the first time I have ever done that. So it's going to take a little to get used to.

But other than that I'm doing fine. In a couple of weeks I'll be into the swing of things and then not be able to believe that I didn't know anything at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive