Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dance like it's the last night of your life.

Today was extraordinary.

Of course there was a few not so enjoyable moments(e.g.:My phone slipping down the side of my bed during the night so when the vibrating alarm went off it made the worst racket ever, and since my bed is solid wood and filled with stuff I couldn't move it for like 5 minutes, not a good way to start the morning. Or: Hearing a depressing song that made me eat a chocolate bar and sit in the cold rain for a while.). But that made the good moments that much better I'm sure.

p.s. the other day me and roomie googled this because we were confused as to which meant which.

i.e. means "that is"
it's from the latin "id est"
I like to eat vegetables (i.e. I enjoy their taste)


e.g. means "for example"
it's from the latin "exempli gratia"
I like to eat vegetables (e.g. carrots and broccoli)


I think people get them confused alot. But now we go around saying exempli gratia instead :).

Anyway, things that made this day great.
Roomie left for a week.
Now, to make this clear my heart is very saddened that we must be parted, but I do love having the place to myself for a while.

I went for a walk to take pictures this morning. But it started raining. And this might seem like a bad thing but in fact it was good. Because that forced me to put the camera away and I started enjoying creation without my eye being pressed to the view finder.
It was gorgeous.
I encourage you all to come to Homewood at some time or another. Every day I go outside I am thankful that I am here.

I played music with Jolene.
And I played music with Josh.

There is just a ton of music going on everywhere.

And then we had a dance party.
:)
Not usually something I like to be a part of, but I'm trying to break out of my shell here.

k, night.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Latin lesson. I am curious: do you feel a bit Hogwartsian when you say "Exempli gratia"? I would. And was that a proper use of a ":"?

    When I was cooking at Homewood, I felt the same way every time I stepped outside. It is such a beautiful place!

    Glad you are enjoying yourself.

    Ps. PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive