Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Using the Rome method.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

Well, I knew that I was only going to be in Rome for a short amount of time (read: one hour), so i decided to adapt the phrase to fit with the great United States of America.

All that really mean is I went to McDonalds for lunch an had some sweet tea as well. Remind me to never have sweet tea again.

An update on me would be the following:
Two hours into the flight from New York to Rome, the I lot told us that they were having some maintenance concerns and rather that risk flyin over the Atlantic we turned back. I was all for going ahead but who listens to me?

Back at JFK, me and a very nice, helpful attendant spent about an hour figuring out how to get me to Athens in time. I'll be flying to London tomorrow morning and from here to Athens In The evening which will have me arriving at two thirty in the morning, not ideal, but it's all part of the adventure.

This is the first time I have ever done something like this by myself before and I thought I handled Everything quite well. Until I made it to the hotel room and realized I couldn't phone my mother. That's when the waterworks finally decided they were allowed to come out in public.

So wish me luck! I'm actually quite excited that I will be able to say I've 'been to London', although not technically , since an airport is international ground.

Now I get to I sleep in my complimentary hotel bed for two hours before starting another full day of flying tomorrow.
Night!

P.S. this was frantically typed on my iPod touch so you might have to guess at some things that I'm trying to say.

1 comment:

  1. phone me anytime! reverse the charges! 'course I have to have my phone on....

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive