Monday, April 23, 2012

kali̱spéra

kali̱spéra= good evening. So in addition to learning more about God an how to sail, I am also learning Greek! This is definitely going to be a packed seven weeks. Right now I am sitting in a fast food restaurant that could really be described as the Greek equivalent to McD's. I didn't have anything except for the soft serve ice crem and it is tasting quite fake. But I do know they have free wifi so I am okay with paying one euro for my cheap frozen dessert. Some Greece trivia for you: They have a siesta. So around two pretty muh all the shops clos and they starting opening again later on round six or seven. The alphabet is almost completely different. Yes, Im sure you probably knew that but being here makes it that more real and t makes everything so much harder to figure out. At least in most foreign countries you can sound out stuff and people understand what you are trying to say. Here you can't even sound things out. It's frustrating. Im surprised I made it from Athens to Volos by myself. There is no tax! Well in stores, I mean. You. See something advertised as one euro and you only have to pay one euro. I like this a lot. Alright. I already promised that I would try to stay away from technology on this trip and now this is my second time on the Internet in two days. Bad Hannah. Just letting you guys know that I'm alive and starting my base tan :).

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the weather is warm enough to start a base tan! Actually Cade got burned on the face yesterday while disc golfing, so you can see we have some nice weather going on here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. It's so cool that at the same time that I'm sitting at my computer here at home, you are sitting at a cafe in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your having fun Shortie! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive