Sunday, April 26, 2009

A major accomplishment.

Those of you who know me, know that I am not a fan of physical activity.
I tend to shy away from playing games and such that require..well pretty much anything that requires moving! :).
The one exception is my walks in Valleyview. But, I noticed that I have been gaining weight and those walks aren't making the difference that I wished they would.
I came to the realization that this was probably because I wasn't challenging myself.
Well, not to worry. I most definitely challenged myself today.
I walked up the Juniper Hill. Waittt I got more. I walked up the Juniper hill without stopping. 
Granted a couple times I slowed my pace but I am more than pleased with myself.
I felt the burn. Pretty much from the start. Felt the sweat. Noticed that that hill has got to be the grossest thing ever. There was garbage everywhere.
Two things that I regret:
1. Improper shoes. As you can see from the picture I was wearing flip flops. BAD IDEA. Cannot be good for my reoccurring case of shinsplints.
2.No water. The stupid thing is I was totally going to bring some..and then I forgot. The whole way up the hill I was dreaming of that cool water backpack thing that Matthew has. It's like a backpack with a pouch of water inside and it's got a tube that you put in your mouth. Anyway.


My head was this strange combo of burning up and cold all at the same time.
And I felt like I was going to throw up for most of the walk.


The faithful legs that just kept plodding along even though they were screaming to quit.

The first picture didn't show my pain well enough so I had to take another one.

2 comments:

  1. I OFFERED you water Hannah dear =)
    Well i offered you a glass...for water =)


    we also take out friday afternoon walks =)

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive