Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mind blown.

Whistling.




Think about it.

You are creating music with YOUR LIPS!

Now, I really hope you don't think less of me because of this post.
I also hope you won't think I have been indulging in illegal substances known for mind altering.
Because this actually seems like a legit thing to be amazed about.

Maybe you aren't as 'talented' as me, and can barely manage to create a note, but I actually do quite well, and can whistle a whole range of notes and tunes.
Today and yesterday I was thinking about this and it was just delightful mind process.

How does my brain know how to do this?
How can my lips move in ways to create different sounds and put them all together to make a song?

Wow.

2 comments:

  1. And then there's TALKING. People exchanging different sounds that carry MEANING! And there are different LANGUAGES = even more different sounds with different meanings! And then there's WRITING! Symbols that represent the sounds that we exchange that carry meaning! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

    Mind blown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whistle baby whistle baby nice and slow....

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive