Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hello Kamloops! Goodbye Kamloops!

Well, I thought I liked solo road trips.
But. Yesterday was agony.
Maybe it was the fact that all I wanted to do was get home.
Can't lie, I definitely went faster than is legal...in any province.

Another thing I didn't like about it was the amount of time I had to just think.
I mean, having time to think is probably a good thing. But not when you are coming off the tail end of summer camp with so many memories and having to leave so many good friends behind.

But I made it through. With the help of several things.

My new little friend.


LISTS! Can't live without them. Definitely would have forgotten one to do one of these vital (or not so vital) things.

I haven't gotten very far so this is not a recommendation at all.

I tried to start unpacking last night but my stuff which seemed like the equivalent of a small elephant when in my car grew to a giant elephant when in my room. There is just not space to put everything. And I really just want to downsize and get rid of most of it, but the sentimental/packrat side of me cannot let go of all the 'things'.

So if you were to walk into my room right now it would like a bomb went off. And there is no semblance of order. I'm not going to worry about it. Instead I'm going to head off to the cabin for the long weekend.

So. Excited.

I have not been out there in the summer for a very long time.
Exactly a year. And even then it was just for a night.
This time I get to spend four days out there.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cannot contain my happiness right now.
I'm going to learn how to wake board.

P.s. Three hours later: I couldn't deal with the mess anymore so I cleaned and unpacked everything and now I will finally post this.

Happy long weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog hannah! Ice caps are always vital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Kamloops! Hopefully you will be by our house soon so I can say hi.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive