Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From the personal notes of H. Lefebvre

Dear Diary,
Today I was super excited about life since I had a hair appointment to get a dye job.
Would you like some back story first?

My hair grows super slow. Imagine normal hair growth and then press slow motion x5. (note:this may be a slight exaggeration)
So, I should really think long and hard about ever permanantly dying my hair since I have to deal with the effects of it for about three years, that being around the amount of time it takes for my hair to grow out a decent amount.
But do I ever give it much serious thought? Well, meh, maybe some.

For the past 8 ish months I have been dealing with layers. Not the good kind of layers that you want a hairdresser to put into your hair. No, I am talking about the very defined layers of color that can show you the recent history of what I thought would be a good idea to have atop my head.

Starting at the very bottom we have the remnants of the black of many years past. Then a very dark brown, followed by a red, followed closely by a blonde which really should never have been there but I got crazy with the sun-in for a couple of days. And at the very roots you could somewhat(or I thought) see my natural which is a lighter brown.

All year I have had to deal with the mess of different shades, and all year I have been waiting for the day I could come home and book an appointment to get it corrected.

That day was yesterday.

I go in, she somewhat explains what is going to be happening. I really have no clue how this all works so I took her word and sat down to enjoy the process.
The process was enjoyable for the first half and hour while everything seemed to be going as planned but once things started to take a turn for the worse, I was not finding everything as relaxing as before.

Going into detail in a blog post is not really my idea of fun so I'll just give you the gist of it.

I went in to have her match my natural colour as close as possible and get rid of all the different shades I have. While at the same time getting rid of as much red as can come out.

I came out over two hours later. With a dark brown in my hair that is so dark it is black..and when the light shines on it it goes red, way more red than I had before.

I'm disappointed to say the least. But more than that is the fact that I will have to put up with it for the next three years while I wait for it to grow out.

It doesn't look bad. But it's just not what I wanted.
Before

After(!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh the elusive 'dyeing the hair so its all one color' I have been hearing about all summer ;)I think you should go for the gothic look, you could pull it off.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive