Monday, September 26, 2011

My brain is smarter than I am?

I guess it possible, and probable.


While texting someone today I wrote out a word.

I didn't know what that word meant.

I had to look it up in the dictionary.

FYI: Dictionary.com is one of my favorite haunts on the world wide web.

To my surprise, the word meant exactly what I had wrote it out to mean.


I guess this comes from my years of learning new words through crossword puzzles.

I'm definitely not a "lol haha :):):) how r u?!" When it comes to texting.

My word?


tor·tu·ous

  [tawr-choo-uhs]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
full of twists, turns, or bends; twisting, winding, or crooked:a tortuous path.
2.
not direct or straightforward, as in procedure or speech;intricate; circuitous: tortuous negotiations lasting formonths.
3.
deceitfully indirect or morally crooked, as proceedings,methods, or policy; devious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive