Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vents? Yes please.

Girls frustrate me so bad.

Okay, don't misunderstand me. I am not frustrated with any particular girl right now, but the gender in general. Especially me. Actually just me.

Dripping taps also frustrate me. The place where I am living right now has three sinks and two showers and no matter how hard you twist the faucets when you go to turn them off they will always start dripping, but not at first of course, it has to be ten minutes later when you are already in bed and then can't sleep because of the continual dripping.

I guess in general I am getting frustrated with just seeing all the qualities about myself that are less than pleasing that I would dearly love to change in an instant but it just isn't that easy.
And the way I keep telling myself I will change things but it never happens.

Okay, Debbie Downer, enough negativity.

Happy side of life:

I sent the down payment of my bible school tuition today. It was a big moment. And now my bank account is feeling a little bit...emptier.

One of my bestest friends came home today after being gone a week. And I hadn't really realized how much I missed her until I heard her voice and saw her face. And I couldn't stop hugging her for the rest of the night :).

I cleaned today. That always makes me feel good. Although it makes me miss cleaning my brothers house, cause that is one of my most favoritest things to do.

I realized today that I am super shy.
Well, when I am getting to know people. And it's a little annoying cause anybody at home would not believe that I'm like this. But anybody here would not believe that I am as outgoing as I am in Kamloops. It's just a complicated mess of things.

Anyway. This is probably the last time I will post anything for a couple weeks. Eager Beavers starts up in two days and then the summer is just jam packed with all sorts of crazy adventures.

I will just end with one positive statement.

The last 5 1/2 months have been interesting for sure. Growing up, moving out, learning to deal with things whether I want to or not, sticking it out even though all I want to do is give up. Let's just say it hasn't all been happy happy happy. And even now I'm not far enough past it that I can see the all positives but I know that day is coming. Day by day I am learning a little bit more and even though it might not look like it at this exact moment, I know those good qualities I'm hoping for are getting formed.
So, yeah. I know that God is working in me as I write this and I am super stoked for this next year because honestly, traveling in Europe for 2+ months...I don't think there is anything much better than that.

Except babies. I was holding Tate today...and my love for babies was just huge.




p.s. I'm ready for my braces to be taken off. Too bad I have to live with them for another couple months.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're sticking to it! I know it can be really hard sometimes.
    Ps. I will be there soon! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am impressed you are starting to sound all grown up. Which I guess you are.. time flies... Proud of you Princess!

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive