Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm getting annoyed.

Of people asking what I'm doing with my life.
*EDIT* I'm not 'getting' annoyed. I got there a long time ago*

Sometimes I just want to smack people.
(Yes, I can be very abusive :).

But seriously.
People keep asking me where I plan on going to school and what I will be taking.
And it makes me a little mad.
Because who's to say that I don't want to spend the rest of my life working at a minimum wage job.
I know sure it doesn't sound the greatest but if that's what I really enjoyed then why not?

Not everybody HAS to go to school after they graduate.
Lot's of people don't.


p.s. I'm not saying I don't want to go to school.
It's just that I have enough pressure and stress just worrying/thinking about it myself and that's without having people ask me every day.

I do not want to be a Tim Hortons lifer. Just making that VERY clear.

3 comments:

  1. All I know about your future is that you're leading on the 28th with Alex, and I am praying for you ladies. :)

    I understand this on a whole different level. People ask cuz they care, just remember that Hannah. Remind them you are only 17. :)

    See you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make some smart-a.. answer up =) Some homeschoolers do that with all the questions they get too. It makes one feel very good inside to know you have a really wild answer at the ready - and you might let it pop out ... or not.

    ps. that was smart-aleck =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its just one of those things...

    I hate those questions, and I still get them.

    I think its also helpful to remember that sometimes people just ask because they are making conversation, or want to get to know you a little better. They're not (consciously) trying to force you into a mold.

    If you never want to go to school again, that's fine! There are plenty of awesome things for you to do that don't require secondary education.

    However, don't just throw the whole idea out the window either :)

    Maybe one day there will be a course that will interest you, but until then...don't sweat it. Enjoy your stage of life. Most kids your age are still in school, anyway!

    Ps. I have an intriguing proposition for you, if you would like to hear it. Ok, maybe not so intriguing, but its not Tim Hortons, so....that's good, right?

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive