Friday, December 11, 2009

I have a confession..

Well, actually, my mother has a confession but she won't confess it so maybe if I blog about it she will admit she has a problem and deal with it.

My mother buys waaaayyyyy too much meat. Okay, so it's not actually that she buys too much I guess. She just buys meat and sticks it in the freezer and never uses it.
This annoys me because it is always me who tries to clean the freezer and I can never clean and organize it much because of all her meat.

Of course her response when she finds out about this post will probably be that I should use it and make dinner myself if I have a problem with it. Hmm, let's hope she doesn't read this.

But I am making it easy on her. I have recorded all the meat we have, and am typing it up into a neat list. Probably alphabetically. So now all she will have to do is look at that list and decide what to make rather than rooting through the freezer and then giving up and buying more from the grocery store.

Among the normal ground beef and 5-10 Kg. Turkeys(Normal in our house I guess :) we also have some rather foreign items such as:

1 whole grocery bag of unidentified fish things. (This is from when my dad when fishing..like a year and a half ago. Mussels and stuff? I don't really know.)
Beef liver.
Turkey necks.
Lamb shanks
Steaks? (I say that with a question mark..cause I wasn't really sure what it was..some sort of meatish stuff that was sort of in the normal shape of a steak.)
Keilbassa Sausages
Mild italian sausage rounds.(These actually look really good. Like sausage burgers.)
Home Smoked Salmon.

I like meat. I do. I love it actually. I love it enough to find some random reason why I could blog about it, apparently.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it when you tell on your mom. As long as Andrew doesn't tell on me... except I overheard him talking to you about my seafood alfredo sauce.... you win some and lose some!

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive