Saturday, January 28, 2012

Making the change.

Everything needs change.

Or how else would life move on?

Sometimes you need to make the change happen, even if you know it will hurt for a while, before things get better.

Okay, that sentiment is true. But in my case, I'm just being dramatic.

Picture Linus from the comic strip Peanuts.
Better yet, I'll picture him here for you.

Now here is me.

                                                     
                                                
I have had this blanket for years.
Years, and years, and years.
Don't believe me?
Here is a picture from about the time I got it.


Now that cute baby beside me looks something like this. (he's okay to hold a camera, but being in front of it is a reason to duck every time.) Over ten years, for sure.


Did I mention that is was my Aunties property before it was mine?
Yes, it may be a comfort to me, and filled with sentimental value, but along with all that great stuff, it's probably filled with billions of dust mites and all the other things that come from being old and used for years. Up until a little while ago it was very soft and comfy. But lately it's just really pilly and the stuffing is coming apart making it's job of keeping me warm very hard to do.

So, today, although it breaks my heart, I'm saying goodbye.

Change makes you change, and that can be a good thing.

At least I'm not giving myself bangs like I keep thinking about, right?

p.s. Is it just me, or does everybody have trouble with putting pictures on their posts and getting into a big headache over it? My words always go everywhere and it takes me so much extra time trying to figure out how to get everything back how I want it.
If anybody has any tips, I would greatly appreciate them.
That, or I might just stop posting pictures :).

1 comment:

  1. If you are giving up your blankie maybe there is still some hope for Alexandra. :-)

    When I want to put a picture in between paragraphs I go to that spot with the cursor and hit return several times so the space gets bigger. Then I make sure the cursor is still in that spot (I don't know if this part is necessary, but I do it just in case).

    Next go to the picture download part of blogger and go ahead and click the add picture button. It should insert the picture where you made the space.

    It works for me. Hopefully it will for you too.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive