Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gluten Free, Take Two:Wheat Free.

If y'all remember, just over a year ago I did a Gluten Free diet for two weeks, to see if it would improve my health at all. Nothing was wrong with me at the time, that I could tell at least. But for all I knew, I could have been living on 50% power my entire life and not known it.

Two weeks happened, and nothing changed. So I crossed that off the bucket list, and moved on in life.

Well, here I am 14 months later, going back to it, with a whole different purpose.
I'm getting in shape.

As all of the health experts say, in order to lose weight, you have to worry about your eating style as much as you worry about your work out plan.

So, I'm getting serious about this.
As you read in the title, I'm only doing wheat free this time, since it doesn't have to do with potential food allergies. But even so, it is amazing how much food that cuts out. It has been a fun time trying to figure out what is and isn't okay to eat.
Basically, I keep myself away from anything but homemade food, which is definitely a bonus for my wallet.

I have been at it for a week already, and it hasn't been as hard as I worked it up to be before.
There is no finish date set at the moment.
As long as I can stand, I guess. I would love to go for at least a month if I can manage it.

And on the exercise end of it, I have been going to the gym twice a week. A mixture of cardio, arm and leg toning, and core strengthening.
The goal is obviously a six pack :). And I actually think I am quite close.

I have been using Pinterest quite a bit to find wheat free recipes, and this one in particular is quite delicious.

BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS!

The banana in the name will fool you. It does call for two bananas, but I have made this recipe twice now, and I could not detect any banana taste either time. Which could be a good thing, for those of you out there who are not huge fans.

I added chocolate chips to mine the second time 'round, because if you are used to sweeter things, it can seem a little plain and bland, but sometimes that's good.

Here goes week 2!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the muffin recipe! And good luck with the no wheat thing. It really isn't too hard once you get into the right mindset. :-)

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive