Saturday, February 4, 2012

The hunt for inspiration.

Hm. The blog title sounds so exciting, I wish the post could live up the expectation.

Today I realized that even though weekends with a long to do list, that keeps you busy and makes you feel accomplished, are good, sometimes the lazy kind are just as great.

And they give you time to do things that you usually don't think you have time for, or maybe you just justify not doing them by having busying yourself with other things.

Like painting.
The thrill of giving a room a fresh face by just throwing on a couple coats of paint goes away...after the first coat. Good thing I have weeks, or even months to do it.

And taking pictures.
Which is where the title comes in.
On a day like today, when I'm energized enough to go outside with my camera, but not actually leave the property, it takes a creative mind to think up new and original shots since I keep taking pictures in the same location.

Maybe this is actually a test to see how great of a photographer I really am, because I'm sure the greatest of photographers can put a hundred different spins on the same landscape or object.

So, here is a little sampling of my afternoon.


We have a creek flowing through our backyard. CRAZY!


And a little bridge over the creek to get to a mini, private island.

This would be unedited me. Why put on my painted face when I'm not going anywhere?



Happy Saturday, everyone!

1 comment:

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive