Monday, October 17, 2011

Nostalgia is...

Chestnuts.

I grew up with a Chestnut tree outside my front door.
We climbed in it a lot.
We played in the dead leaves in the fall.
We had the most fun with the chestnuts when it got to the season when the hard greeny spiky shell could be cracked open and inside was a little brown chestnut. So exciting.
Or just throwing the whole green spiky chestnut at someone. Also very exciting.

So, fast forward six years (at least).
Me and Superman are walking through the park when I kick something in front of me on the pathway.

I looked down.
A small spiky green ball.
It took me a moment to clue in, but when I did I got intensely happy and I promptly stomped on it.

And out shot one of my most favoritest things.














Take a moment to reminisce your childhood.
Or don't.



Just please don't dwell on the fact that I just had a twenty minute photoshoot with a nut. A real nut.

1 comment:

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive