Friday, September 9, 2016

Adulting.

Over the last year, I've been realizing that even though I'm to the "adult" stage of life, where everything is supposed to be sorted out, and I can live in the enjoyment of working, and having fun, and making relationships, and making memories, I still am quite unsatisfied with where I am.

I think growing up, I thought by this time I would be ready to live like this, without always thinking about the next step and where I would like to be after this.

Maybe it's like retirement, you really want it until you have it, but then you wonder to do with all your free time after spending the last 40 years of your life working 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year.
(although, with 30% of my dental office's patients being retired, I can tell you that is only partly true, since most of them are even busier than I am.)

So in this last year, I have felt a restlessness to be better, do better, fine tune my life in areas that I am slacking.
I have decorated my house, starting going to the gym again, and now most recently started a second job to help save money for some of the bigger purchases I want to make in my life.

And my mind is constantly in a mode of trying to figure out what the next thing could be. A new hobby, a plan of action, a new goal for the next year or years.

And this, this reactivating of my blog is part of it. Because renewing old hobbies, is almost the same as making new ones. Sometimes even more difficult. I thought documenting this growing stage of my life could be useful.

If it pans out, great. If it doesn't, at least I tried. Who knows what I might post about. Before and after picures, what I'm working on, what I'm learning.
The song that is stuck in my head.
I heard it said that writing is therapeutic. Going through everything that is in your head and writing it down. Even if it doesn't seem to have a purpose.

Welcome to Hannah 2.0


1 comment:

  1. I am partly feeling the same as you at the moment. seems like time goes so fast until I don't even realize it that I became an adult. =D Anyway nice post!

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive