Friday, July 5, 2013

This is cheating.

I had to do a brief update for all of my friends from Bible school, and so I'm doing the cheaters thing, and copying and pasting it here.

And to think I used to laugh at all the people who said they got "bloggers block".
It's a real thing, and you should be frightened of getting it yourself.
I cannot even count the amount of times I have forced myself to press the 'new post' button, and then stared at the screen forever, trying to formulate a way of writing down my thoughts in a unique and witty way, that would make everyone want to smile and be my friend.

And in actuality, when I have managed to scrape something together enough to hit 'publish', it is always some odds-n-ends thing that I put together on the spot, so that I could try and convince myself that I still have it together. I don't. But I'm also not going to throw away 6 years of my life, just because of a dry spell. I have faith that the writers itch will come back. Maybe not in time to keep all of my readers here, but since when has this been more than a public journal for me anyway?

Here is my short update. Obviously there isn't much to it, and there are probably still a lot of holes in between that would be nicer if filled. But if I have learned anything from my Europe and Australia adventures, it is when I promise a report on something, that it never happens.
So. That's that.

"As all of you know, I went to AUSTRALIA! in March. And that was so much fun. It was my first solo trip, so that in itself was an experience. Elyse's wedding was obviously the highlight. And it was lovely to see her, if only for a short, busy day. 
For the rest of the trip, it was just me, checking out the cities of Melbourne and Sydney. Not only did I see all the animals native to Australia, but I went to the Melbourne Aquarium one day and saw penguins. And that made my life. You don't even want to know how long I stood there and watched them. Taking wayy too many pictures, I might add.
During that trip I realized that the whole solo thing was probably not the best idea for me. I don't regret it, but I tend to be a introvert, so didn't really go out of my way to strike up conversations and all that. I'm also a little paranoid, so most nights found me in my hostel room by 9pm, because I was afraid of what dangers the night might hold :).

After that trip, I was already planning my next one. Which, until recently, was set to happen in January, and the plan was to be a nanny in England for a year or so.
That plan, which up until two days ago was pretty much confirmed, now is looking like it might be postponed, because I just applied to college tonight. Weird. This coming from a girl who has never ever ever wanted to back to school. Ever. (T-swift reference, anybody?)

Nothing to exciting. It's called a Dental Office Administrative Assistant Certificate. It's a pretty short course. Which is good, since that's all I can stand. But I'm really happy for the opportunity to get some sort of training under my belt.
So prayer for getting accepted to that would be much appreciated.

In other news of my life, since Vanessa noticed it on my instagram, I moved out!
Only temporarily though.
My brothers roommate went to work at a bible camp for the summer, so they needed someone to fill in for two months. I wanted the chance to see what it was like before plunging straight in, so this is a nice little test of what it's going to be like in the future.
It's only been a week and a half, but so far so good. I have a little work to do in the cooking department, but that will take some time.
I'm already noticing the perks to living at home, so I don't think I'm done with that quite yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive