Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I heart ROADTRIPS!!!!

Well, apparently google maps is wrong. Veryyy wrong. It did not take 9 hours. It took around 12-13 hours. Of course you have to figure in the time change and everything too but I'm pretty sure it was around there.
The trip there was okay...I basically just listened to other people talk. I actually didn't use my i-pod at all during the trip except like 10 minutes before bed one of the nights.

We stopped..somewhere for lunch..and most of us went to Mcdonalds and it was so fun cause it was McHappy day..And there was balloons and it was very exciting.And then we stopped somewhere for supper..it was like Canmore? or something..All I know is that it was in Alberta. And I went to DQ..with the boys. But I sat at a different table than them because I didn't even know them at that point. And I walked back to the bus but nobody was there so I sat outside taking pictures..So the next three pictures are from that.



So, we finally got there at like 10:30. We got our keys for our rooms and our bags and we went up to the dorms. There was a trick about the doors though that was quite annoying at times. Everybody had a pass card thing...and in order to get into the dorms you had to swipe it..then the door unlocks and you open it and go through except...if the door is open for more than...(we never figured out how long) lets say a minute, this really loud alarm goes off. So I was always scared that I was going to set it off. Another thing about that is after 11 p.m. the swipe cards don't work anymore so you have to be in the dorms by that time. Pretty lame if you ask me.
General overview of my time at three hills.
We sang alot.
Our choir got adjudicated(which for all you non musical people out there means: Our choir sang for this music director guy and he told us all the things we did wrong so now we have to fix that stuff.).
And we sang some more.
The Thursday night we were hanging out in the cafe place. It was so much fun. I was actually talking to people..quite amazing. And I got free food.
Okay then Friday we sang, sang, sang then performed all the pieces we had been practising. It was..okay. Friday night was fun because we were the only choir there. We ordered pizza from the chinese food place and played soccer and listened to music. Then after 11 the girls watched a movie..but it looked kind of boring and I was tired so I just went to bed.

Saturday morning we packed everything up and drove about 3 hours to Edmonton. We got to the mall at like 11. And I went around with some of the girls. It wasn't very fun. But whatever. We found two of the guys and they came with us to the Theme park...Where three of the girls went on the rollercoaster. And then we went on one other ride. And we had to meet up with the group to make sure that everybody was alive. Then some of us went to the Old Spaghetti Factory. After we had like half an hour so me and Michelle did some power shopping. Seriously everything I bought was like 20 minutes before we left. Quite amazing.

Matt modeling Sinja's sunglasses.

Sinja and Ruth on a ride.

The group at 'The Old Spaghetti Factory'

So. After the mall we went to this church where we were staying the night. Libby took over my phone at that point and was glued to it for the rest of the night.
We had a fashion show to show of what we had purchased, then some karaoke, which was actually a danceoff. Then a game. Then bed.
We woke up at about 7..? the next morning, packed our stuff up and departed. We didn't get breakfast for like 2 hours after that, it was crazy.
Then yeah...there's not much else to tell. Me, Matt, Chris and Sinja played the grocery store food game on the way home....And I showed Chris the colour switch feature on my camera so he took alot of pictures like the one below.
Oooo, true story. I did not sleep on the bus trip there or back. I'm pretty proud of myself.



So, there is my first trip ever to Alberta. Can't say it was the best time I've ever had but..there was some enjoyable moments. And now I can say that I never ever ever want to go on a roller coaster.








2 comments:

  1. Aw sounds like you did have fun at times though. That makes me happy. Glad you took pictures as well..Also.

    YOU played SOCCER?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    buy zithromax
    It is also available in oral suspension that is flavored.
    [url=http://www.fitzsoft.com/]discount zithromax[/url]
    Cardiovascular side effects are palpitations and chest pains.
    http://www.fitzsoft.com/ - buy azithromycin
    It is also available in oral suspension that is flavored.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you comment. In case you were getting confused.

Blog Archive